Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Holidays

So, Sr keeps telling me when I tell him about different happenings -- "You should put that on your blog".  Unfortunately, I haven't been doing it or even making a note of the event.  As a result, no fun stories at the moment.

Jr2 and Jr3 did enjoy their Christmas.  We read the Christmas story in the scriptures and paused at strategic points to let the kids act out the events with the Fisher Price nativity set.  Jr2's favorite present was his new bike (even though he claims it is too big and too hard to ride).  Jr3's favorite present was her Hello Kitty karaoke.  We got many hours of entertainment out of it on Christmas day -- and without having any music to go with it.  Jr3 does love music and tries to learn and sing along with all the songs on the various shows she watches.  She doesn't quite have the concept of following the tune down yet.

We had a pinhole leak when we got back from our trip to Sr's side of the family (I'll have to post about that trip in another blog).  We tried a fix.  It didn't work.  Our home teacher came over and taught Sr how to weld (solder?) copper pipes.  Now it doesn't leak -- there.  Then the water heater finished going out.  We new it needed a new anode rod, but by the time that was known it was probably too late.  Sr now knows how to install hot water heaters.  Talk about a good home teacher.  He helped install the water heater as well (2 days) and the second day he dropped Sr at the doctor's (pneumonia again, we think) and dropped off a van key to the kids and I when I locked us out of the van.

Jr2 went and got his more in-depth speech assessment (which is where I locked the keys in the van).  They will be getting the results to me on Wednesday and then they will meet with us to discuss the plan of attack the next Wednesday.

Jr3 continues to love dolls and being a mommy to her dolls, although when Sr told her she was a good mommy to her dolls, she replied, "I not a mommy, I a sissy."


1 comment:

Marissa said...

1) Glad you you a good Christmas. :)
2) You DO have a good home teacher.
3) I hope Sr. gets feeling better soon.
4) Yay for posting!