Sunday, January 26, 2014

I mad… Now I happy and other random things

So Jr3 (I think I'm going to switch and call her Little Miss) likes to keep us informed of her feelings. I sad. I mad. I happy now. This is now evolving. This past week we were taking a car ride. Little Miss informed us that "I mad." We joked around and got her in a better mood. Then she got upset again and informed us "I two mad." So, I asked her what things she was mad about. She then informed us "I forty-six mad." I'm not sure if that's on a scale of one to 100 or if it's how many items she's mad about. I'm sure we'll get to find out. Jr2 has been reminding us that we need to start planting some of our plants. It's time to plant the strawberry seeds to get a good start. We went to the store and bought dirt on Friday night. It is kept outside and was frozen solid. We brought it in Saturday afternoon and had to keep checking it all day to make see if it was thawed yet. It was finally thawed today, so we will be planting them tomorrow for part of family home evening. Sr has been working, scouting and helping around the house. I have been cooking, cleaning, and working on lengthening Libby's dress I made her last Easter. I think the dress might actually end up cuter that it was. I've also been enjoying my sunshine lamp from SunBox. 20 minutes a day for me. I'm not necessarily getting up earlier yet, but I am getting more done in the day. I am also working on exercising. I have joined nExercise and Fitocracy (free versions) and have been tracking my exercising. I like it because then I can level up. On nExercise I get rewards I can accumulate slowly and redeem for things. On Fitocracy I have joined some groups to get encouragement. For example, someone told me that when they exercise with the kids around, they will do sit-ups, then read them a story, then do pushups, then read them a story, etc… They also try to involve the kids in the exercise and they posted a YouTube showing someone doing just that. Kind of like Coo using the kids for weights when doing pushups. So I did sit-ups the other day and had the kids sit on my feet to anchor them down. They thought it was all sorts of fun. We'll see how long that lasts, but in the meantime I'll enjoy it.

1 comment:

Marissa said...

Way to go! Keep up the good work. I walk to get Greg's car about 3x's a week (he goes jumps on the bus to head to school right after he gets done with work). I'm working my self into exercising more again.

Coo's kids also enjoy helping others exercise. When we stopped by their place on our move up here, Greg had been laying on the floor. When they saw him go to get up a couple of them ran over to sit on his back to help him do his push-ups. :)