Wednesday, May 13, 2009

We're here

We made it safely to our new home in NC.  We got in at one in the morning yesterday.  We then got up way too early in the morning (6:45) and got ready, took the call from the movers telling us their estimated arrival time, went to one of the local grills for breakfast, got our trash service, etc all set up, bought a doormat at the local hardware store (met two of the city councilmen there), went to the pharmacy to give them my prescription.  Then we were on the way back to the house for a moment.

The movers called just as we were driving up and they had just gotten to the house.  We then unpacked and helped them unload a bit (i.e. moved a few boxes to the garage after they had unloaded it, so they could keep unloading larger items).  We also flipped on the breaker to the hot water heater.  (No hot water is one large reason I hate camping.)

By this point we were exhausted, since we had gotten about four or five hours of sleep the night before this also.  But instead of sleeping, we went and gave the builder a key so he could change the locks, went and set up our mail service, had lunch at the other local grill (this one is run by members of our branch).  Then we came home and got cleaned up using our hot water!  Then we took naps!!!

We then made sure the internet was working so I could work today (I'll be doing that momentarily).  Next we drove to the Raleigh airport to get Bubba's car.  It's a pretty nifty trip.  I'll have to write about it later.  Then we took ate dinner at a sub shop, took a nap in the car and came home.  We passed out around 10:45 pm.

This morning I am currently sitting on the back porch listening to the trees blowing in the wind and the traffic passing on the highway in front of the house.  It's like a cross between being in the canyon and being at the farm all in one.  

Well off to work.

3 comments:

Moo said...

Sounds like a very lovely place to be. I'm so glad that you made it there safely and have already met half of the town and half of the branch. P.S. I don't know what P.S. I was going to write when I came back. Oh, I remember. You have the longest process to post of anyone.

Beee said...

So, you will have to email me your address. I don't even know what town you found a home in. You should post some pics of the house on here too. It sounds like a nice place to be. The post process is a little bit of a pain on here. . . I have to use my tab button to even find the rest of the post process.

Alycia said...

Hope the posting process is better now.