Thursday, September 26, 2013

Shopping, Water and Whatever Else

Jr3 went shopping with me today.  She is getting quite good at it.  She puts things in her little cart and then if I tell her to be careful and not squish things in her cart, she will put them in mine.  She also makes suggestions and additions, but not as many this week as last week.

Jr2 is enjoying preschool.  He told me today that he learned you need to drink lots of water, so that you won't get tired and will be able to run more.  He said you should especially drink the water from cups and water guns.  He was adamant that they taught him you could drink water from water guns at preschool.  I'm guessing it wasn't a teacher that taught him that part.

I finished a peasant top today for Jr3 -- pink of course.  It's pretty cute on.  Good thing, because I already have two others cut out (another pink and a yellow).  I also have a pair of pants cut out for Jr2 from a pair of his Dad's old pants.  Unfortunately when I cut those out, I was so worried about fitting the piece on I forgot to watch for the hole.  So, I need to patch them before I sew them together.  They should be fine for wearing around the house, in the yard, etc...

Sr is working on his history class more.  He has to read "The Jungle" for the class.  Hopefully we'll still be able to eat beef after he finishes.  One, because I love beef and two, because I bought a roast for Sunday dinner this week.

Also, at Scouts on Tuesday, a boy was going around pretending to hit people.  When he was pretending to hit Jr3, Jr2 told him, "Don't hit her.  You remember... that is my sister.  You don't hit her."

I was very proud of him.  Especially since he doesn't apply that rule to him and hitting his sister, it's nice to know he doesn't think others should hit her.

p.s.  I finally posted on the Crafts Gone Awry blog.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Post more often. I really like to read about your family. I'm glad that you are enjoying the sewing. I used to sew when you kids were little. When you were older played the piano really loud, as you will probably remember.

My kids still throw stuff in my shopping cart when they get the chance.